The Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) on July 29 issued new guidelines based on feedback received from states and UTs, and extensive consultations held with related central ministries and departments for opening up of more activities in areas outside containment zones, as a part of Unlock 3.0, which will come into effect from August 1.
States/UTs, based on their assessment of the situation may prohibit certain activities outside the containment zones or impose such restrictions as deemed necessary. However, there shall be no restriction on interstate and intrastate movement of persons and goods including those for cross-land border trade under Treaties with neighbouring countries. No separate permission/approval/e-permit will be required for such movements.
Salient features of the new guidelines
1. Restrictions on movement of individuals during night (night curfew) have been removed.
2. Yoga institutes, gymnasiums will be allowed to function from August 5.
3. Independence Day function will be allowed by social distancing and by following other health protocols.
4. Schools, colleges and other coaching institutions will remain closed till August 31.
All activities except the following shall be permitted outside containment zones:
1. Metro Rail
2. Cinema Hall, swimming pool, entertainment park, theatres, bars, auditoriums, assembly halls and similar places.
3. Social/political/sports/entertainment/academic/cultural/ religious functions and other large congregations.
All the relaxations will be permitted only outside containment zones. Lockdown shall continue to be implemented strictly in the containment zones till August 31.