Seeking Centre's help to the state, Telangana CM KCR has submitted a long wish list of 22 issues to PM Modi in Delhi. KCR had productive discussion with Modi for about 50 minutes where he listed out the major issues of the state and sought his support.
In addition to the wish list, KCR has also submitted another representation to Modi seeking the defence lands. KCR has put forward a proposal to exchange the defence lands with State government lands for construction of a Secretariat complex and widening of roads in Secunderabad Cantonment area.
Long Wish List
- Under the provision of AP Reorganization Act, the Centre has committed to grant Rs 450 Crore to the backward districts of Telangana annually. In the last five years, Telangana has got four times. However, the fifth instalment of the financial assistance is due. KCR sought PM Modi to release the fifth instalment at the earliest.
- The revival of the Cement Corporation of India in Adilabad District with the help of National Highways Authority of India (NHAI).
- Increase the number of judges in Telangana High Court from 24 to 42 for speedy disposal of pending cases.
- Request for financial assistance of about Rs 24,205 crore for Mission Kakatiya (Rs 5,000 crores) and Mission Bhagiratha (Rs 19,205 crore) as recommended by NITI Aayog.
- Sought speedy implementation of pending railway projects in the State and sanction of required funds for their completion. He wanted the Centre to enhance the number of judges in Telangana High Court from 24 to 42 for speedy disposal of pending cases.
- Under Prime Minister Gram Sadak Yojana (PMGSY), sought allotment of funds for upgrading of 4,000 km of roads for better connectivity in backward regions of Telangana State. Instead of the 60:40 ratio of expenditure sharing between the Centre and the State governments respectively, sought the Union government to bear the entire cost for road works in Left Wing Extremism affected areas.
- Sought the Centre to take up development of the proposed Hyderabad-Nagpur and Warangal-Hyderabad Industrial Corridors.
- Establishing a steel plant at Bayyaram in Khammam district under the provisions of the AP Reorganisation Act.
- Indian Institute of Management (IIM) for Telangana State
- Establishment of Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) for Telangana State.
- National Institute of Design (NID) at Hyderabad
- IIIT at Karimnagar under public-private-partnership model.
- Full Central funding for the Tribal University at Warangal.
- Sanction of 23 Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas (JNV) in the new districts.
SOURCE : GULTE